Historic Fort Ontario

Stone Monument Cleaned

Objects Conservator Heidi Miksch from the NYSOPRHP Bureau of Historic Sites Cultural Resource Center in Waterford, NY, cleaning the bronze plaque on the stone monument outside the entrance of Fort Ontario. The monument was dedicated by the Daughters of the American Revolution on July 4, 1906, and describes the history of the post from 1755 to 1906 when it was modernized and regarrisoned. Few people then realized that there was much more history to be made at Fort Ontario

%d bloggers like this: