FRIENDS OF FORT ONTARIO
The Friends of Fort Ontario is a not- for-profit educational organization, with tax exempt status under Section
501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code. The organization was formed in 1989 to encourage community participation
in programs, to assist in the preservation and enhancement of the collection of artifacts and documents, and to
develop and conduct educational programs, services, and activities designed to broaden the experience of visitors.
The Friends group also sponsors fundraising events which will lead to improvements and participate in other
activities, which are in harmony with the operation of Fort Ontario State Historic Site.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President: Paul Foster
Vice President: Thom Shanken
Secretary: Janet Clerkin
Treasurer: Theresa Himes
Mary Kay Stone
Dr. Richard Weyhing
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- You will have free admission to the fort during normal hours of operations.
- You will receive advance notice & discount admission to all Friends programs.
- You will receive a 10% discount on your purchase from the Museum Shop year round (except snacks, drinks, Harborfest & Holiday History Shop).
- Watch Harborfest and July 4th Fireworks from the ramparts for free.
- Friends of Fort Ontario web site is www.fortontario.com
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
Friends of Fort Ontario
P.O. Box 5379
Oswego, NY 13126-5379